/ Saturday 28 August 2010 /
For those of you who are not familiar with the prairie accent, and admittedly I was not it gives credit to the American version of Canadian speech.  After two days working in Hague, I cannot shake the feeling that my students sounds like the Canadian characters in Canadian Bacon or speak like the folks on Little Mosque on the Prairie and Corner Gas.  I thought that these were exaggerated accents.  It turns out they are real.

It is a refreshing change to have students searching kijiji for pickup trucks rather than quietly trying to watch (What is the gay guy thing from Michelle?).  From here:  (PICTURE OF ZURICH/ZIS)

To here: (PICTURE OF HAGUE/HAGUE HIGH)

Quite a change.  I miss my tablet and not having to make photocopies.  I miss having an office, a desk, free time during the day and students from all over the place.  But, as suspected I do love the Canadian students and it is very interesting to work for a public school board and find out how all of this works.  It will not be forever, but we have once again accelerated the learning curve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

About

 
Copyright © 2010 Saskawhat?/Law, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger